Eastport, Maine is located right on the ocean and next to Canada. I stayed in a beautiful condo at The Commons, and co-owner Linda Godfrey offered an insider’s tips to the area. Here are the places, I visited, looking for teachers for our Fiber Art Learning Guide:
- Tides Institute & Museum of Art, co-director Kristin MacKinlay;
- The Printmaking Studio of Sean Wolfe;
- A Fiber Art Residency with Hannah O’Hare Bennett;
- A visit to Campobello which hosts the oldest continuous quilting circle in the Northeast;
- The Commons, Eastport;
- Lunamuse Fiber Art, designer Manuela Brice; Handspinner/Designer
- Eastport Fabric Emporium, with costume maker and owner Karen Benn
- The view from Mt. Battie atop Camden Hills.
A picturesque town where working fishing community meets talented artists, community networkers and historians.